9 minutes after eating a cookie, the teenager dies

Every parent tries to provide the best for his child. But we as parents do not always have control over what our children do. The same thing happened with the family of 15-year-old Alexi.

Kellie Travers shared on Facebook the story of her daughter that did not happen to you and other children just like her daughter who died of allergies.

Alexi was allergic to peanuts and her parents made sure that she never had contact with such foods.

On June 25, 2018, she went to a friend’s house where a party was being held. There he ate a chocolate cookie. They look like the ones she used to eat all the time, but unfortunately, they contained peanut butter. Alexi did not understand such a thing.

The package she took the cookie from, which contained Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, was very similar to the one she knew was a simple cookie.

She didn’t notice the difference that said of the presence of peanut butter.

After consuming it, she realized that something was wrong with her mouth. Alexi went home in a hurry but went into anaphylactic shock.

The parent was also given two Epipen Auto-Injectors until the paramedics arrived, but it didn’t help a great deal. 90 minutes after the incident she died.

“As a mother who diligently taught her the ropes of what was okay to ingest and what was not, I feel lost and angry because she knew her limits and was aware of familiar packaging, she knew what ‘safe’ was,” the grieving mother wrote.

She also said, “A small added indication on the pulled back flap on a familiar red package wasn’t enough to call out to her that there was ‘peanut product’ in the cookies before it was too late.”

Her post was shared to raise awareness of others suffering the same thing and for their packaging to be clearer about the ingredients.

There are people out there who say that Chips Ahoy and the Nabisco brand as a whole shouldn’t take a portion of the blame for the incident.

Nabisco took the time to share their thoughts on the matter, writing:

“We take allergens very seriously. Chewy Chips Ahoy! Made w/ Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups packaging clearly shows that it contains peanuts through words and visuals. Package color indicates Chewy, Chunky, or Original. Consumers should always read the label for allergy information”, they wrote on social media.

Alexi’s death could have been avoided. Her parents are doing their best to avoid such incidents.

Do you think that the packages with the ingredients should be distinguished from each other? Share your comments with us on Facebook.

Written by admin

In his last concert, Donny Osmond shares special moments with his brother

The man heard strange noises down the driveway until he discovered something strange